About My Momma:

About My Momma:
Is it fitting to eat? My Momma would often ask us kids, as we sat around the table. It always was. My Momma was a great country cook. Even well up into old age! When most people had lost their desire to cook, my mother was right in there leading the way. She cooked for a husband, seven kids, plus farm hands. We lived on a small farm and she made stuff from scratch. Everyone of my brothers and sisters are great cooks also. They are gracious hosts and good entertainers in their homes. My mother passed this wonderful love of food and enjoying company down to us.

December 16, 2011

The Chicken Rice Casserole!

This is perfect when you won't have much time, because you can prepare it in advance.

Ingredients:

 2 cups of cut up chicken, White meat
2 cups of cooked rice
1/2 cup of slivered almonds
1 can of celery soup
1 can of Mushroom soup
4 boiled eggs Chopped
2 small onions chopped
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp of lemon juice
3/4 cup of diced celery
1 small pkg Potato Chips, (Crushed Optional)

          Combine all ingredients except chips.
Refrigerate over night. Remove 1 & 1/2 hrs before baking. Sprinkle with chips. Bake uncovered at 350 for 1 hour. Serve hot, with Biscuits, and Green Beans. Lemon Meringue Pie makes this a special meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy your comments, and contributions! And thanks for your interest in My Momma's Recipes!