About My Momma:

About My Momma:
Is it fitting to eat? My Momma would often ask us kids, as we sat around the table. It always was. My Momma was a great country cook. Even well up into old age! When most people had lost their desire to cook, my mother was right in there leading the way. She cooked for a husband, seven kids, plus farm hands. We lived on a small farm and she made stuff from scratch. Everyone of my brothers and sisters are great cooks also. They are gracious hosts and good entertainers in their homes. My mother passed this wonderful love of food and enjoying company down to us.

January 7, 2012

Home Brittle!

          Ingredients:

1 Cup of white Sugar
1/2 Cup of White corn syrup
1 cup peanuts
1/4 cup of water
2 tbs of butter, softened
1 tsp of Vanilla
1 tsp of Baking soda
1/4 Tsp of salt


          Add sugar, corn syrup, salt, vanilla, and water into heavy sauce pan and heat to boiling. Cook until sugar is dissolved, add in peanuts. Stir until candy temp reaches 300 degrees. Remove from heat and stir in
butter and soda. When mixed, immediately pour onto cookie sheet. By adjusting when and high fast you pour onto the cookie sheet, you can make it as thin or thick as you like. We like to add the peanuts in the sauce pan but you can sprinlle them onto the mixture when you pour it onto the cookie sheet. Let cool and break into edible pieces. Great to give the kids or to friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy your comments, and contributions! And thanks for your interest in My Momma's Recipes!